If you meet the criteria outlined below for one of the membership categories and wish to join us, please go to the Registration page
Benefits to Members include:
• access to professional development courses and other activities
• being listed in the Member’s register in the public section of this website
• access to an email list of people interested in Psychosynthesis to advertise your workshops and other professional activities
• contributing to developing a voice for Psychosynthesis practitioners in the field of counselling and psychotherapy, and in doing so continuing to develop the Psychosynthesis community
• the ability to shape the direction of PAnzA through participating in its processes, such as the AGM and standing for election to the Executive Committee and other roles.
In order to become a Clinical Member, you need to have:
- a diploma in counselling or psychotherapy from a recognised Psychosynthesis training provider
- professional indemnity insurance
- regular supervision
Note: The NZ Institute of Psychosynthesis Diploma of Counselling and the NZ Institute of Psychosynthesis Diploma of Psychotherapy are recognised by PAnzA. Applicants with other qualifications may need to provide evidence of the issuer being a formally recognised training provider.
PAnzA strongly advises that all members hold professional indemnity insurance.
Trainee Members must be attending a recognised training programme, completion of which would lead to meeting criteria for clinical membership. The training programme must have a code of ethics and trainees must be covered by that institution’s indemnity insurance.
Note: The NZ Institute of Psychosynthesis training programme meets these criteria.
Associate Members need to have a background in Psychosynthesis counselling and psychotherapy but do not meet the criteria for the above categories e.g. a retired practitioner. These applications will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the PAnzA Executive Committee.
Further categories of membership available on an invitation basis by the Executive Committee and confirmed by Members at the AGM are:
• Honorary Members: people we wish to honour for their role in the Psychosynthesis community who would not meet ordinary criteria
• Fellow Members: people who have made a significant contribution to the development of Psychosynthesis theory and practice in Aotearoa New Zealand and/or Australia, or to the development of the professional association for Psychosynthesis counsellors and psychotherapists
• Life Members: people who make a significant contribution to PAnzA over an extended period of time.
Clinical Members and Associate Members will have full membership, which includes voting rightsand the ability to serve on the Executive Committee.
Trainee members have reduced fees, can attend the AGM and other PAnzA activities but have no voting rights nor the opportunity to serve on the Executive Committee.
Honorary, Life and Fellow Members will have full membership and voting rights but will not pay fees.
Other Associations are able to affiliate to PAnzA, determined on a case-by-case basis by the Executive Committee and confirmed at the AGM.
In addition to membership, we offer an email list for people interested in Psychosynthesis in our two countries and the South Pacific in general. Go to Community to sign up for this free e-list.
Clinical Members – $100 per annum
Associate Members – $50 per annum
Trainee Members – $25 per annum
Note: There is a reduced fee option of $75 pa. for Clinical and Associate Members who earn less than $25,000 pa. or who join in the second six months of the financial year.
Membership fees are due by 31 March of each financial year to cover membership of that financial year.
“E hara taku toa, i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini.
My strengths do not lie in me alone, but in the strength of the people.”