How to join Psychosynthesis Aotearoa New Zealand and Australia (PAnzA)
By joining PAnzA you will:
- have access to professional development workshops held throughout the year (which will count towards your PBANZ professional development requirement.)
- have a profile listing on the PAnzA website. Your profile is viewable by anyone looking for a counselor.
- be Included in the Psychosynthesis Community email list which will provide you with notification of Psychosynthesis-related events and items of interest.
- get a beautifully presented quarterly newsletter, Invisible Geography.
- be able to contribute to developing a voice for Psychosynthesis practitioners in the field of counselling and psychotherapy, and in doing so continuing to develop the Psychosynthesis community.
- have the opportunity to shape the direction of PAnzA through participating in its processes, such as the AGM and standing for election to the Executive Committee.
You may also join (or leave) the Psychosynthesis Community email list without being a member of PAnzA. To do so, please use the Contact Form.
In order to become a Clinical Member, you need to have:
- a diploma in counselling or psychotherapy from a recognised Psychosynthesis training provider
- regular supervision
Note: The NZ Institute of Psychosynthesis Diploma of Counselling and the NZ Institute of Psychosynthesis Diploma of Psychotherapy are recognised by PAnzA. Applicants with other qualifications may need to provide evidence of the issuer being a formally recognised training provider.
PAnzA strongly advises that all practising Clinical members hold professional indemnity insurance.
Trainee Members must be attending a recognised training programme, completion of which would lead to meeting criteria for clinical membership. The training programme must have a code of ethics and trainees must be covered by that institution’s indemnity insurance.
Associate Members need to have a background in Psychosynthesis counselling and psychotherapy but do not meet the criteria for the above categories e.g. a retired practitioner. These applications will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the PAnzA Executive Committee.
People PAnzA wishes to honour for their role in the Psychosynthesis community who would not meet ordinary criteria. Fellow and Life members fit this category.
People who have made a significant contribution to the development of Psychosynthesis theory and practice in Aotearoa New Zealand and/or Australia, or to the development of the professional association for Psychosynthesis counsellors and psychotherapists.
People who make a significant contribution to PAnzA over an extended period of time.
Clinical Members and Associate Members will have full membership, which includes voting rights and the ability to serve on the Executive Committee.
Trainee members have reduced fees, can attend the AGM and other PAnzA activities but have no voting rights nor the opportunity to serve on the Executive Committee.
Honorary membership – (Life members and Fellow members) will have full membership and voting rights but will not pay fees.
|Clinical Members||$110 pa.|
|Associate Members||$55 pa.|
|Trainee Members||$25 pa|
There is a 10% prompt payment discount if received by the 1st July (excluding Trainee membership)
Membership fees are due by 31 March of each financial year to cover membership of that financial year.
There is a reduced fee of $75 for clinical members joining after September 1st